There are several scholarship opportunities for AIARE Instructor Training courses and AIARE PRO courses, as well as AIARE 1 classes.
The Kizaki-Wolf AIARE Scholarship supports outstanding outdoor professionals in furthering their avalanche education and teaching skills. This scholarship provides full or partial tuition for an Instructor Training Course, Course Leader Training Course or PRO 1 or PRO 2 course. The selection committee focuses on four criteria in evaluating applicants:
- Outdoor professional career (guide, patroller, outdoor educator, etc.) dedication and achievement;
- Demonstrated leadership, character, and fellowship;
- Under-represented populations within outdoor professionals;
- An appreciation of, and commitment to, an inclusive and diverse community of outdoor recreationalists and professionals.
- CV, including outdoor professional positions, education, courses, certifications, and number of days worked annually as an outdoor professional.
- Video (5 minutes or less), upload to YouTube or Vimeo and be password protected. Please address the following:
- What is your background? What led you to an outdoor professional career? Include any critical events or experiences.
- What are your goals and career aspirations as an outdoor professional? As an avalanche professional?
- Why are you a great candidate for this scholarship?
- How have you demonstrated an appreciation of, and commitment to, an inclusive and diverse community of outdoor recreationalists and professionals?
- Three professional references who can attest to your character and intellect in an outdoor professional-setting.
- Submit CV, video and references in one package/email to email@example.com
- Deadline for submitting your application and notification is September 15th.
- Scholarship recipients must provide a brief, post-course video debrief discussing their experience, what they learned, how it will apply to their career development, and any advice or words of wisdom they’d give to future scholarship recipients.
One For The Guides Scholarship
This scholarship is primarily intended to support saving lives through avalanche education by partially subsidizing tuition for an AIARE ITC or CLT. A secondary goal is to produce AIARE course Instructors and Leaders from historically underrepresented populations in American backcountry pursuits.
Application should include a list qualifications as pertaining to ITC/CLT prerequisites, and a short description of current work, education and future in the field of avalanche research and education.
There are no reporting requirements for this scholarship.
Please direct applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
George Dirth Memorial Scholarship
The George Dirth Memorial Scholarship fund supports Colorado-based backcountry skiers/snowboarders. The Fund provides partial tuition for an AIARE 1 course. Please visit George Dirth Memorial for more information on this scholarship opportunity.