(Update July 8, 2017: the Pro Level Course Schedule will be posted soon, please check back)
The Pro 2 course is an advanced certification course for experienced and professional avalanche practitioners, professional guides, patrollers and advanced recreational backcountry travelers. The course is 6 days long, has a maximum student to instructor ratio of 5:1, and is a pass/fail course.
Individuals who successfully complete the course and receive a passing grade (70% or greater) receive a PRO 2 certificate provided by the AIARE administration.
Student requirements for enrolling in a Pro 2 course:
- Students must have a Pro 1 certificate – starting to be offered in 2017
- Students must have a AAA-recognized Avalanche Rescue course – also starting to be offered in 2017
- Students must have a minimum of 40 days of operational experience over two winter seasons, and
- Students must have a letter of reference from a supervisor verifying:
- 40 days minimum work experience, over two operating seasons. This can be in the same calendar year if the worker has worked in both the northern and southern hemispheres. This includes participation as a team member, attending daily ops meetings, and participation in operational activities that require risk management
- Avalanche rescue (companion) practices with team leader responsibility. The application has participated in multi-team organized avalanche rescue exercises
- The applicant is able to complete the tasks required of a route leader or ski guide
- Student must submit examples of the following professional documentation
- Two profiles
- Two operational meeting forms
- Two pages from two days of field observations
Registration for Pro programs will close when either the class roster is full, or two weeks prior to the program, whichever comes first.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION – PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR MORE INFO OR CALL AIARE