When You’re Traveling in the Backcountry…
Do you know…
- Where the dangerous slopes are?
- How to avoid those slopes?
- What happens if the slope slides?
- How to perform a rescue?
Take an Avalanche Course From An AIARE Provider
In the AIARE 1 course you will learn the basics for managing risk in the backcountry
You’ll learn how to…
- Plan for travel in avalanche terrain
- Identify avalanche terrain
- Decide where and how to travel
- Practice companion rescue
The AIARE 2 follows the AIARE 1
In the AIARE 2 you’ll learn…
- More about avalanche terrain, particularly from the perspective of stability analysis
- How the snowpack develops and metamorphoses over time; and discuss the factors that contribute to spatial variability
- The standard observation guidelines and recording formats for factors that influence or indicate snow stability
- An advanced understanding of avalanche release and triggering mechanisms
- How to use snow stability analysis and a forecasting framework